blight clean up
On a warm, sunny day in May I spent several happy hours in the yard carefully transferring tomato seedlings to individual pots to nurture at home before planting out on the plot. A few months later I spent several less than happy hours digging them out: all except two left as a final plea to Mother Nature for a miracle ripening of the last of my emerald trusses.
My soya bean plant looks ever so lonely now yet thankfully is showing no signs of disease despite being virtually smothered at times by it’s bushy neighbour. Now there is a story of hope and survival yet to be told …
* notes for next time: sown in February, seedlings potted up 7th May, planted out 23rd May, first flowers spotted 20th June, first fruit spotted 8 July, blighted w/c 27th July, stripped and thinned out 7th August, dug out 16th August.