making oat biscuits
I’ve been having a bit of a clear out and unearthed an old 1986 Dairy Diary with all sorts of recipe clippings stuck inside. I couldn’t resist this Oat Biscuit recipe to satisfy a little Sunday afternoon sweet-something itch. The recipe made about 20 biscuit size bites and although they would have kept fresh in an airtight container for 3 days they were all gone by the time I got home from work on Monday evening. Since I’d hidden them well out of reach of Billy, our anything-sweet loving cat, I think we know who polished them off …
What you need to make oat biscuits
(10 mins prep time, 15 mins cooking time)
1 egg beaten
1 tbsp (15ml) honey
100g (4 oz) vegetable margarine/butter
100g (4oz) light brown sugar
100g (4oz) self-raising flour
75g (3 oz) rolled oats
a mixing bowl, spoon, 1 or more lightly greased baking sheets
- Pre-heat the oven to 190c/375F/gas mark 5.
- Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
- Spoon heaped teaspoon sized balls on to the baking sheet, leaving about half an inch between them to spread.
- Bake for 15 minutes in pre-heated oven
- Allow to cool slightly, then transfer to a cooling rack
Entry filed under: in the kitchen.